Share this page

Northern Colorado Spine and Sport FAQs for Physical Therapy in Loveland, CO


Do I need a referral to see a physical therapist?

No, in the state of Colorado, you can see a physical therapist without a referral!

Do you take insurance?

Northern Colorado Spine and Sport is an out-of-network provider. Insurance companies continue to decrease the reimbursement rates for physical therapy, causing therapists to see multiple patients per hour for an average of 15-20 minutes. To keep volume high, patients are often passed off to physical therapy aides and technicians for a majority of the session.

The insurance-based PT model leads to patients being seen 2-4 times per week for multiple weeks, even months. With Dr. Riley, you will receive at least 60 minutes of his undivided attention, evidence-based treatment, and the highest quality of care to get you back to the hobbies you love most.

Most insurance companies have “out-of-network” benefits that cover physical therapy sessions at Northern Colorado Spine and Sport. Upon request, Dr. Riley can provide you with a Superbill of your visits to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.

We accept Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA). Payment will be provided at the time of the visit. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards.

Do I have to be hurt or injured to come to see you?

NCSS specializes in preventative care, which is typically not covered by insurance. Most people wait for something to be “wrong” to come to see a physical therapist. Dr. Riley takes pride in providing care before an injury happens to keep you doing the hobbies you love most.

Do you offer personal training or strength coaching?

Yes! As a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Dr. Riley offers personalized 1-on-1 training and remote exercise programming.

Where are you located?

Northern Colorado Spine and Sport has three location options: 1. 1905 W 8th St Suite #116, Loveland, CO 80537 2. Remotely, in the comfort of your own home or at your office upon request.

Share this page